Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Be Free Lovely


 I am the beauty
 from the beast 
I rise
Assassinating 
my demons 
I rise

Like the sun in the west
Dust on a treasure chest
Like fallen leaves
Guided by the breeze
Wonderlustly 
I rise

No longer desperate 
for the gold 
At the end of each storm
I am made of diamonds
 Like queens and kings 
I rise

Like Jesus from the tomb 
Flowers that bloom
Caged birds set free
Uttering songs that touch the souls
Of all those who have fallen and rose
Past the moon
I rise I rise I rise

You walk past me 
Doubting my abilities
 To rise like the tide
Yet I still survive
Morphing into a butterfly

They chained my physicality
Bent me till I fit in a box 
So my mind ran free
Realizing how limitless
 I can truly be

Amoungst the galaxies they can look 
But their blind eyes will never see
The lotus flower I have grown to be
Or the angels that follow me

Like the hate in their eyes 
When they see me shine
I rise

From pain came gains 
Of things I use to take in vein

I rise
Past Saturn and Mars 
I wave at the stars 
Letting the universe cleanse
My scars
I rise I rise I rise

Like your heart beats
 Inevitably showing life
I rise

Like when newborns open their eyes 
To the beauty of the journey to overcome
Like prayers to the divine
I rise I rise I rise

(Inspired by the late the great Maya Angelo RIP & dedicated to my eldest brother.) 


6 comments:

  1. Don't forget to support ya girl and post it to your social media. Also I feature a fellow poet every Friday. Send your poem to Vibrantladylove@gmail.com.

    Peace,Hugs,&&LadyLove

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this poem. Absolutely amazing. Its my fav. Its a classic i love every word n deep meaning. Thank u for sharing the most inner parts of your soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading, glad you were deeply & positively touched.
      xoxo,
      Lady Love

      Delete
  3. Thank you for not letting these beautiful words die. What a wonderful poem! Every time I heard you say this poem on your poetry nites it was a reminder of how strong one can be rising above all things. thank you for allowing me to reflect on such wonderful words and posting it on your blog giving me the strength to rise above all struggles thank you shylene. this poem is food for the soul rising ones spirit amd giving us all strength

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im happy you enjoyed it! Thank you for your kind words.

      Much Love <3

      Delete
    2. Im happy you enjoyed it! Thank you for your kind words.

      Much Love <3

      Delete